Friday, January 29, 2010

A Tribute

Last night I turned a video around in 18 hours. Why the speed? Sadly, a really good man passed away unexpectedly and his family wanted a video to play at the memorial service. It isn't appropriate for me to post on the blog, especially without their permission and because it is such a private time. But I did do something different that I can tell you about.

The grown son gave me about 100 photos from childhood to the present and I couldn't stop laughing at some of them. He was one funny guy, let me tell you. I put all the photos from his younger years at the beginning in what seemed like chronological order and then I noticed some trends and I sectioned off the pictures that way. He played rugby (in the states and abroad I think), liked to have drinks with friends, loved dogs, and especially loved his wife and son.

I researched various quotes related to the sections and put them on a black background with white font at the start of each section. One was funny, the rest more thoughtful, but it really helped the video flow since they opted to not use any music. Although this is an incredibly sad time for the family, I hope they can look at their video and laugh a little knowing that he would probably want them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment